The Wooden Barn Owl Box
Welcome to our new product, The Wooden Barn Owl Box, which supplements our line of roto-molded polyethylene products. Our customers have often inquired about a wooden alternative to our popular plastic nest box. Not only is this nest box economical, but we have spared no expense in its production to make it long lasting and functional for barn owls. The nest box is painted on the outside with heat-reflective white and Zero VOC brown (non-off gassing) on the inside to repel pests and moisture and to keep it dark for the birds. ** WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT WE ARE OFFERING THIS NEST BOX FOR SALE AGAIN AFTER SEEING THE PRICE AND QUALITY OF WOOD IMPROVE. WE ALSO HAVE IT DISCOUNTED BY $10 THROUGH SEPTEMBER.
- Measures 26 x 19 x 19 and weighs 22 lbs.
- Features a 5.5 entrance hole and landing perch on front.
- Large 9 x 20″ hinged access panel on the side for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Efficient venting achieved by tapered gap at top and cross venting between entrance hole and rear vent
- Rear vent cover is easily removed, allowing for convenient nest box inspection.
- Roof overhangs all sides by half an inch and is sloped to repel rain.
The nest box comes unassembled but is put together in a matter of minutes using only an electric drill with a Phillips head driver and a crescent wrench. It can be mounted on either a 4 x 4 post or a 1″ iron pipe using recommended hardware shown in photos on this page. (Hardware not included.)